Tuesday 21 September 2010

Light me up this Autumn


Its officially Autumn. The leaves have started to fall there's a chill in the air and the evenings have stated to draw in. Its the end of carefree summer cycling and time to get yourself kitted out with lights and some reflective additions.
My lights of choice this year are a Knog Beetle for the front and a Knog Skink for the back. I'm a big fan of the Knog brand sightly bonkers but totally practical. The body of the lights is made from a silicon material so they simply bend round and clip onto your bike, no awkward brackets and you can simply pop them off when you get off your bike, so they don't get nicked. They also come in lovely colours, I am sporting a pink for the front and blue at the rear. >We also have the classic frogs and Gekko's on sale with 15% off if your looking for a bargain.
We've been on the hunt for stylish reflective wear and have some great new products this season. My fave is the TWOnFRO reflective vest £39.99, pictured above. It's adjustable and flattering and easy to stow away when your not on the bike. If your looking for something more subtle we also have the very cute Po Campo reflective pins and Brand NEW!the inspired Dorothy covers by Georgia in Dublin. These are hi Viz covers that go over your basket, they not only act as a visibility aid but keep your belonging safe and dry and enable you to pack more into the basket without it all toppling out.

5 comments:

Zoe said...

I love the lights and reflective straps here, they're so lovely. I love it when bike safety is beautiful!

KarmaCycle said...

Loving that basket cover thingie! Such a simple idea, yet I've never seen one on the streets. Thinking I might give one to my wife who's quite attached to her basket. So to speak. KC

Caz said...

I know there are some really great stylish options for visibility now, thanks goodness. We don't need to look like we've just walked off a construction site anymore!

Caz said...

Hi Karma Cycle - yes you should get one for your wife! I have a feeling they are going to become quite popular.

christina said...

i just purchased one of those bird reflectors and they are a hit here in sf. finally something cute and reflective to wear.